Cleaning hacks you wish you already knew
Let's freely admit it, nobody LIKES cleaning their house. Right? But it's something that has to be done once in awhile. If you procrastinate, it's just going to take that much longer to complete! Let's dive into some "hacks" that you can use to break up your cleaning so it's not one massive job, but something you can split out over different days.
1. Keep your old dryer sheets – Well after they have been used in your dryer, dryer sheets have several uses. Use them to wipe dust from your baseboard or trim. Buff some water stains off your mirror and your glass shower door. They can even be used to wipe the inner ring of your toilets to break down that scum in there. Next time you use your dryer, save those sheets and keep them around to take advantage of this cool hack.
2. Clean your stainless steel – Those stainless steel appliances look awesome on the showroom floor, right? But what they don't tell you or show you, is that someone is there wiping them down several times a day to KEEP them shiny and bright. These things collect fingerprints SO EASILY. The best way to keep them clean is to simply add some rubbing alcohol to a microfiber cloth. Once that surface is shiny and clean, add a little baby oil to make it REALLY shine.
3. Old pans need some new life? – We all have that favorite pan, but no matter how good a cook you may be, at some point you will burn something. It’s always the kids fault though right? Fill that burned pan with water, than throw in a cup of white vinegar. Put it on high heat and bring it to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 table spoons of baking soda. Then let it all cool down, wipe it out, and rinse. Restored!
4. Physical clean your computer – Not something you really want to think about, but your computer mouse and keyboard are perfect breeding locations for bacteria. Also, take a look at your keyboard and look at all the gunk in between those keys!
Wet a clean microfiber cloth with some white vinegar, then wipe down your keyboard. We recommend turning it off first so you aren’t typing random letters to your boss.
Dip a cotton swab in the same vinegar, and clean the areas between the keys. Some vinegar diluted with tap water on a cloth will let you clean your screen too. Just be careful you don’t use so much water or vinegar that it runs.
5. Hassle-free microwave cleaner – Microwaves. The best worse hiding spot for food grime! The kids pop something in, and when it overruns or bubbles, once the door is shut, out of sight out of mind. Cleaning can be much easier than you imagine though. Place equal parts vinegar and water in a microwave safe bowl. Add a couple wooden toothpicks, and microwave it on high for 5-10 minutes depending on how rough the inside looks. Let it cool down, then wipe it clean with paper towel. Easy huh?
6. Clean that couch – That couch. It looked so nice when you first bought it and had it delivered. Now the kids, the dog, the cat, and seemingly random food fairies have stained it. Sprinkle some baking soda on it liberally. Let it sit for several minutes, then vacuum it using your brush attachment.
7. Funky light fixtures. Wash them! – This is an item that often doesn’t get much attention when it comes to cleaning. BUT, they collect dust like crazy! Carefully remove them from the light fixture, and place them in your dishwasher. Run a standard cycle with drying, and they will be clean and bright again!
8. Blinds and mis-matched socks. – We all have extra socks sitting around. The dog, the cat, and the dryer have all done their part to eat and/or shred one half of the pair. Dampen a sock with some diluted vinegar, place it on your hand like a sock puppet, and use it to clean the slats of your blinds!
9. Not sure what it is? Use a baby wipe! – Mystery stains on your upholstery? Use a baby wipe to clean it up. Wipe by nature are gentle and don’t have a bunch of extra moisture, so you minimize the risk of spreading stains around.
10. Don’t wash your window treatments – Rather than removing and washing and replacing your window treatments, just give them a good few shakes to dislodge dirt and dust. Then from top to bottom, use your hose attachment to vacuum them, and you’re done!
Cleaning isn’t always fun, but by using a few of these cleaning hacks, it can be quick and easy. If you still want someone to do it for you, well, we exist just for that! We employ these tricks and more when we clean your residential space or your commercial space. Call us today at 724-313-2713 or fill out our free quote form here: https://www.cleaningcranberry.com/
Thanks for hanging out and reading! Till Next time!